Please be aware that we have a No Refund Policy for all Tutoring Sessions and Packages. Refund requests, including, but not limited to, those made by Students who cannot attend or use services, regardless of the student’s reason(s), and regardless of whether the Student provides us with advance notice, will not be honored. Exceptions may be made only in cases in which a student cannot attend due to serious illness or the death of an immediate member of the Student’s family. In these cases, official documentation may be required.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT
• The Student will assist the Tutor in identifying problem areas in which the Student needs specific tutoring.
• The Student agrees to be prepared for every session by having all materials, utensils, homework, etc. ready and available before the tutoring session.
• The Student agrees that assignments, exercises, or homework form an integral part of tutoring and will complete such work in a timely manner.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARENT/GUARDIAN
• The parent/guardian will be responsible for the student’s conduct and character during the tutoring sessions including promptness, respectful behavior, and staying on task.
• The parent/guardian is responsible for initiating any communication with the tutor.
• The parent/guardian is responsible for getting the student to the session on time and for ensuring that the student has an appropriate learning environment that is free from distractions.
• The parent/guardian is responsible for ensuring that the student has the correct technology (hardware, software, internet, and audio) to connect successfully during the tutoring session. Please note that Tutoring Tactics does not provide any technical support for third-party hardware or software.
• The parent/guardian agrees to ensure that the student has completed all work assigned by the tutor within the timeframe given.
While we endeavor to provide the best tutorial services possible, Tutoring Tactics makes no promises or warranties with regards to a Student’s performance as a result of any tutoring provided. In no event shall our obligations, expressed or implied, to any customer or site user, exceed those obligations specifically noted herein. All tutors providing tutoring services for Tutoring Tactics are independent contractors and are not employees or representatives of Tutoring Tactics.
REFUNDS FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE LATE OR MISS SESSIONS
It is extremely important that students respectfully attend all tutoring sessions on time. If a student is late for a session the tutor will wait up to 10 minutes before the student will be considered absent and thus will not be refunded for the session. If a student is unable to attend a session, the student must contact the teacher a minimum of 4 hours before the session or they will not be rescheduled for that session. All efforts will be made from the time the notice is provided to re-schedule the session at an agreed-upon date and time. This re-scheduling must not influence or interfere with the start of the next course or module. If the tutor must cancel a lesson, they must also follow this policy.
RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time. In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Tutoring Tactics does not permit children under 13 years of age to become users without their parent or guardian’s express consent and approval. By enrolling in any of the Tutoring Tactics packages, you represent you are not under 13 years of age. To protect the privacy of our tutors, Tutoring Tactics does not distribute any tutor information aside from the name and email after matching a tutor to a student. Customers may not choose or request a specific tutor except in the case of adding hours to a pre-existing package with the same tutor. The customer may contact Tutoring Tactics to request a tutor change if the customer is dissatisfied with the tutor assigned. It is up to the discretion of Tutoring Tactics management whether the customer complaint is valid and a tutor transfer is granted. The customer may request the number of remaining hours in a particular package at any time. The customer may use the total package hours in increments and pacing of their choice, with a minimum 1-hour time increment for each online tutoring session.
The customer agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by Tutoring Tactics. The customer may not privately hire a Tutoring Tactics tutor for up to one year from the purchase date of tutoring services. If the customer is connected with a Tutoring Tactics Tutor through purchasing a Tutoring Tactics package, the customer may not hire the Tutor to continue services outside of Tutoring Tactics.
TUTORING SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
We’re confident that you'll connect with a tutor who's a good fit for your needs, but if you feel that the tutor is not a good fit, your first hour with a new tutor is protected by Tutoring Tactics Satisfaction Guarantee.
This means that if you meet with a tutor and feel that this tutor is not a good fit for your tutoring needs after the first session, we may issue you a refund for the first hour of this session. This policy covers any first lesson with a new tutor, and may not be applied for lessons that occur with a tutor with whom you've previously taken tutoring session.
If you’re unhappy with a session, email customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll issue you a refund for the first hour. Our customer support team can help you find another tutor who better fits your personal needs. If you feel that a tutor with whom you have already had tutoring sessions is not meeting your needs, we encourage you to speak directly with your tutor and explain your concerns. Often this may result in a favorable outcome. If you are having any issues with your tutoring sessions please email our customer support team at email@example.com. We will work with you to resolve your matter.
When you cheat, you only cheat yourself. Tutoring Tactics connects tutors and students who are seeking tutoring services. We don’t facilitate cheating - requests for which can appear in lots of different forms, among them:
• Asking for help taking a quiz or test
• Seeking a tutor to write a paper
• Requesting that a tutor perform project-related tasks
• Work completion
We take integrity in education seriously. Tutoring Tactics reserves the right to deny, revoke or limit access to the platform to students or tutors who do not abide by the Honor Code.